How to Enjoy a Long Layover
For many travelers, the last thing they want to endure is a long layover before continuing to their next destination. But with a bit of planning and forethought, you can make your next layover not only tolerable – but enjoyable too!
Read on to learn about our top 3 layover tips.
An airport is rarely a good place to complete any meaningful work. Yet a long layover offers the perfect opportunity to catch up on some of those tasks you’ve been putting off.
You can call friends you haven’t spoken to in a while, clean and organize the files on your computer, and even go through all those photos on your smartphone. However you decide to spend your time, you’ll feel quite accomplished before taking off again.
Book a Hotel
A long layover is a perfect time to catch up on some much-needed rest and freshen up before continuing on the next leg of your flight. But who wants to sleep in uncomfortable chairs inside an airport terminal?
Fortunately, many airports have transfer hotels inside or are within distance of just a shuttle bus ride. Rooms can often be booked by the hour or half-day, affording the perfect amount of time to get some ZZZs, shower, or enjoy some peace and quiet.
Make It Longer
If traveling for pleasure, make your layover part of the journey. Instead of booking the shortest layover possible, schedule your stop to allow plenty of time to explore the surrounding area.
It is essential to budget your time wisely. Most airports are more than 30 minutes away from the city center. Furthermore, keep in mind that you will be required to go through security again to make your connection.
Even a few extra hours can provide enough time to hop on a sightseeing bus, visit a museum, or try local cuisine. Regardless of your chosen activity, a longer layover can extend your vacation just a little bit!
- How to Trim Down Hidden Costs of Flying
- Best foods for hydration
- How to Experience Positive Aging (8 Tips)
- How much should you actually have in savings?
- Are you underinsured for your circumstances?
- How to Build Sustainable Wealth
- How to Maintain Our Body
- Enhancing Resilience as We Age
- The Body After 60: Overcoming Barriers to Exercise
- The best herbs to grow for beginners
- Foods you had no idea you could freeze
- Is celebrating your 100th birthday no longer a dream?
- Medicare and Medicaid: Dual eligibility
- Summer Workouts for Your Dose of Vitamin D
- What’s Keeping You from Losing Weight?
- Music and Your Wellbeing
- Your NEW Social Security Statement
- How to Dispose of Unused Medications
- Smart Home Systems: Promoting a Comfortable Environment for Seniors
- Aging and Our Body’s Ability to Heal Itself
- Keeping Health Insurance After a Layoff
- Waking Up to the Impact of Insomnia
- How Life Insurance Benefits Women
- What experts say about raising the retirement age
- Coverage for healthcare treatment denied? Here's what you can do.
- Sharing the Road with Cyclists
- Buying Life Insurance for an Elderly Parent?
- Living Your Best Life After 60
- Buying Health Insurance: A Millennial’s Guide
- Self-Love Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Life Without Clutter
- Set Yourself Up for Success with Your Fitness Routine
- Winter Hydration – Do I Need It?
- I’m 60+; Do I Need Life Insurance?
- Why Do I Keep Breaking My New Year's Resolutions?
- Closing Out the Year with a Smile!
- How to Enjoy a Long Layover
- 6 Cold Weather Safety Tips
- 10 Tips for Managing Cholesterol Levels
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need Right Now?
- 3 Top Tips for Better Posture
- Building Bone Density for Seniors
- Living Outside Your Comfort Zone in Retirement
- 3 Top Habits that Lead to a Happy Life After Retirement
- Should You Insure Your Gifts?
- Everything You Need to Know When Retiring Under 65
- 7 Benefits of Slow Travel
- Utilizing Medicare Preventative Services
- The Harsh Reality of Credit Card Fees
- Keeping Your Health Insurance Affordable
- 7 Tips to Weather Challenging Periods in Your Life
- What is a Variable Annuity? 4 Key Details You Should Know
- 4 of the Best Ways to Stay Healthy this Summer
- How to Prevent Sun Damage to Your Eyes
- 3 Tips for Safer Grilling
- When the Sun is NOT Your Friend (What You Need to Know about Sun Exposure)
- Tips to Avoid Stress Eating
- Common Exercise Pains – How to Work Past Them and When to Call for Help
- Signs Your Identity Has Been Stolen (and what to do about it)
- How Does Inflation Affect Life Insurance?
- Know the Benefits of Walking
- Do Brain Food Supplements Really Work?
- Ways You Can Spend Less on Gas
- What Are Alternatives if LTC isn't Right for You?